GPTD Regular Clay
Take part in your OWN Great Pottery Make-at-Home Challenge
- Order your clay
- Watch the Show (Sundays on Channel4 @7:45pm)
- Take the weekly challenge (or make anything related to that week's show)
- Share your creations for the world to enjoy (Facebook Group)
- Select & return any creations for firing (optional, terms apply, charged separately per piece)
Each pack contains 5 balls of regular stoneware clay, enough for 5 SMALL projects/ weeks. More available to purchase.
This allows you to create beautiful functional pieces - which are both dishwasher proof and microwave safe.
- The firing process takes the work to over 1200C, which creates all sorts of pressures in the kiln. It requires more technical skills : 9yrs+ guideline. Please follow making instructions as mistakes may damage other work and the kiln.
Work for firing
- must not include any additions (no organics/ paint/ plastics...)
- will need to be returned and collected from the Pottery
- charged at £3.50 per piece (2 firings + glazing)
- colour can be added using coloured slips (clay + pigment), which must be applied BEFORE the work dries completely.
- may last forever and bring you much joy
Additional items - you may also wish to order
- Tools (hogshair paint brush and 'pointy' stick')
- Coloured slip (clay + pigment)
Before you start making - watch these two YouTube videos
You will need:-
- Deliver & collect creations from pottery (optional)
Note: firing & glazing will take about 3 weeks.
Free delivery to:-
St Albans Pottery (Postcodes : AL1, AL2, AL3, AL4, Al5)
Chelmsford Pottery (Postcodes : CM1, CM2, CM3, CM4, CM5)
Collect only for all other areas (at present)
- All deliveries left on doorstep at a safe distance.
- All returns to pottery to be left in named cardboard box on doorstep.
- All doorstep arrangements confirmed by text message.