GPTD Hybrid Clay Kit
Take part in your OWN Great Pottery Make-at-Home Challenge
- Order your clay
- Watch the Show (Sundays on Channel4, and catch up)
- Take the weekly challenge (or make anything related to that week's show)
- Share your creations for the world to enjoy (Facebook Group)
- Select & return any creations for firing (optional, terms apply, charged separately per piece)
Each pack contains 5 balls of hybrid clay, enough for 5 projects/ weeks. This gives you wonderful flexibility to:-
- create fun and exotic stuff in AirDry clay, which can be embellished with acrylic paints, feathers, bells, beads... etc - then varnished with PVA glue
- OR to create beautiful functional pieces - which are both dishwasher proof and microwave safe
- this is a special type of AirDry clay which can be fired. Not all AirDry clays can be fired.
- The firing process takes the work to over 1200C, which creates all sorts of pressures in the kiln. It requires more technical skills : 9yrs+ guideline. Please follow making instructions as mistakes may damage other work and the kiln.
Work for firing
- must not include any additions (no organics/ paint/ plastics...)
- will need to be returned and collected from the Pottery
- charged at £3.50 per piece (2 firings + glazing)
- colour can be added using coloured slips (clay + pigment), which must be applied BEFORE the work dries completely. These are available to order separately.
- Please name all work
- may last forever and bring you much joy
Before you start making - watch these two YouTube videos
You will need:-
- Deliver & collect creations from pottery (optional)
Note: firing & glazing will take about 3 weeks.
Free delivery to:-
St Albans Pottery (Postcodes : AL1, AL2, AL3, AL4, Al5)
Chelmsford Pottery (Postcodes : CM1, CM2, CM3, CM4, CM5)
Collect only for all other areas (at present)
- All deliveries left on doorstep at a safe distance.
- All returns to pottery to be left in named cardboard box on doorstep.
- All doorstep arrangements confirmed by text message.